About the Network Rail feeds
What are the feeds?
Five feeds and a resource are available:
- RTPPM - Real Time Public Performance Measure. This shows the performance of trains against the timetable, measured as the percentage of trains arriving at destination on time. Updated every minute.
- Train Movements - messaging from the TRUST system, containing reports of train movements past timetabled calling and passing points.
- TD - data from the Train Describer system, showing raw data with train movements in more detail than the Train Movements feed.
- VSTP - late-notice train schedules which are not available through the Schedule feed.
- TSR - Temporary Speed Restrictions
- SCHEDULE - extracts of train schedules from ITPS.
How do I get the data?
First, sign up for an account at http://datafeeds.networkrail.co.uk. Log in and select the feeds you wish to use.
Schedule Data, cannot be obtained via Stomp, but as downloads from Amazon S3
It may be useful to understand the background to the sources of some of these data feeds. These links will help:
Example code is available for several common languages: